Where can I get VCU1525 - Blockchain Edition?
Are the sellers above trustworthy?
Due diligence appropriate to the level of investment should be undertaken.
- Some discussion of this is contained within this large discussion thread
- There is a Discord channel; this requires an invite
- Allmine Kentucky Business Registration (seems to own https://fpga.land/)
What are the costs of VCU1525 boards from the above sellers?
- VCU1525 with mods and DIMMS - $3,600
- VCU1525 with DIMMS no mods - $3,500
- VCU1525 with mods no DIMMS - $3,350
- VCU1525 no mods no DIMMS - $3,250
What are the modifications?
Mods include Voltage setting, VRM Heatsinks, and Thermal Compound Upgrade.
Are there other sellers?
Yes, but more expensive and probably not with the cryptocurrency modifications.
To be determined when samples available for testing.
This is likely to include a motherboard with a large number of USB 3.1 (FPGA communication to motherboard is via USB) and PCI slots. Risers will be used to provide power from the motherboard PCI slots to each FPGA. A high-wattage power supply will be used to provide additional power to each FPGA as well as the motherboard. A low-end CPU and motherboard RAM will be used. The operating system is expected to be Windows.